Senior Scientist in Circulating Tumor Cell separation and isolation at iCellate
iCellate is looking to recruit a senior scientist with expertise in cell separation, cell detection, cell isolation and other molecular cell biology techniques to join the company. iCellate is a Swedish research and development company focused on early cancer detection and companion diagnostics, based on peripheral blood samples. The company’s technology platform is based on proprietary cell separation, isolation and analyses of circulating tumor cells (CTC), or on separation of circulating cell-free DNA and detection of tumor DNA (ctDNA) by deep DNA sequencing. The analyses aim to provide detailed somatic tumor information for early cancer detection or to identifying therapy targets.
As a senior scientist in CTC analysis and a member of the R&D team, you will have the opportunity to apply your expertise to drive the company’s R&D towards clinical utility. You will be responsible for the development and validation of methods for microfluidic CTC separation, detection of tumor cells by immunoassays, isolation and characterization of the genome by Illumina Next Generation Sequencing (NGS). We are looking for a highly motivated individual who enjoys scientific challenges, systematic trouble shooting, problem solving and working in new and unfamiliar areas. You should be an experienced researcher with a solution-oriented mindset. We offer a work environment that is dynamic and allows you to grow individually and professionally.
The position is for full time and is based at iCellate’s headquarters in Solna, Sweden
We evaluate applications immediately and continuously!
As a Senior Scientist, you will be responsible for scientific and technical initiatives and practical implementation to drive the development and validation of new methods for CTC analysis to benefit patients.
• To be responsible for development and validation of new methods and applications for CTC separation by microfluidic technologies, detection by immunofluorescence, and genomic isolation and characterization by NGS.
• Develop processes for cell detection based on immunofluorescence microscopy.
• Provide scientific expertise to develop other iCellate’s methods, products and analyses.
• Be responsible for already developed and validated methods by continuously making sure that the methods fulfill the set quality requirements and drive improvements to existing methods.
• Write and review methods and quality documentation.
• Work according to the medical laboratory quality management system ISO15189
• When needed, perform routine analysis of customer samples
An ideal candidate has:
– PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular cell biology, Biotechnology or related field
– Several years of experience in:
– Molecular cell biology in the oncology field
– Cell detection, separation and isolation techniques including development, troubleshooting and validation of these methods
– Immuno-assay development and immunofluorescence microscopy
– Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills in English
We’re looking for a highly motivated candidate who enjoys scientific challenges and working in new areas, has a problem-solving mindset and a sense of responsibility. In addition to being creative and propose innovative solutions, we believe you to be a structured person who enjoys working systematically according to plan, and to deliver your work effectively and in a timely fashion.
Strong team working skills and a solutions attitude are required. We are also a small company where, depending on circumstances, you can expect to occasionally perform tasks outside the described role to support the overall goals of the company.
iCellate is a Swedish, medical technology company founded in 2011 and is based in Stockholm. iCellate develops products in the areas of cancer diagnosis and individual cancer treatments. The technology is based on research from the Karolinska Institute in collaboration with the Karolinska University Hospital and the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm.
The company has over the years received several awards from both scientific institutions and private companies.
To learn more about the company, please visit: http://www.icellate.se