Technical Product Owner
To benefit from opportunities in the business environment created by energy transition and to find competitive edge from digitalization, St1 needs to build and operate an IT landscape that evolves with the business needs. Therefore, to strengthen our Nordic Business Technology team in delivering solutions that achieve this goal, we are looking for a permanent
Technical Product Owner.
About the position
For a Technical Product Owner St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact by developing our tools and processes in an environment of multiple vendors, technologies, and business domains.
In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. Most important in this role is that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
As a Technical Product Owner, you will
• Act as a professional on area of payment landscape and services
• Collaborate closely with our Card Business teams, issuing services and Retail and Payment Solutions team to plan and deliver solutions that works end-to-end both from business and operational perspective
• Facilitate communication between vendors, service providers and other internal stakeholders and when needed act as intermediary or” translator” between diverse stakeholders.
• Help projects to succeed with their targets and deliverables
• Follow emerging payment technologies and how they would fit for St1
• Ensure business continuity by keeping up with payment industry related regulations and requirements
• This role is not strictly pre-defined, but one of your first tasks would be to start working with Payment Cards / Instruments by defining how something new could work and to work with legacy card system retirement plans.
You will be responsible for
• Writing Functional and non-functional requirements together with Product Owner(s), Architects, and Business stakeholders
• Facilitating and coordinating Acceptance Testing within St1 community together with vendors and service providers
• Providing professional support and guidance to projects
• Coordinating and facilitating payment related development backlog in our various on-going projects, different platforms, and releases
• Maintaining documentation, such as product requirement sheets and feature specifications, training material, etc.
• Keeping development roadmap align with Visa / Mastercard mandates and requirements
Key success factors in this role are:
• Professional experience minimum of 5 years in Payment Industry
• Understanding E2E payment value chain and interdependencies
• Previous experience of working with Smart Cards and/or Closed Loop payment methods and APMs
• Familiar with ISO based payment protocols and its variations
• Structured way of working with interest to manage details
• Ability to present technical information in understandable language
• Take ownership of Application related issues
• Problem Management
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
• Comfort working independently
Advantages in this role are:
• Fluency in Swedish
• Some know how from any relevant industry (oil, gas, energy, payment, retail)
• Previous working experience preferably from Financial Services
• Project management and coordination experience
• Product life-cycle management
About the organisation
We offer you:
• A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
• Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and a new interesting project to be worked with.
• Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
• Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
• Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1.250 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 1.000 people. Read more at http://www.st1.com.
We are looking forward to hear more from you!