To benefit from opportunities in the business environment created by energy transition and to find competitive edge from digitalization, St1 needs to build and operate an IT landscape that evolves with the business needs. Therefore, to strengthen our Nordic Business Technology team in delivering solutions that achieve this goal, we are looking for a permanent IT-Specialist.
About the position
For an IT Specialist St1 Business Technology is a great place to put existing skills into action and to learn and develop those even further. You will have a unique hands-on possibility to make real impact by developing our tools and processes in an environment of multiple vendors, technologies, and business domains.
In this job, you need to have a good tolerance of uncertainty, disciplined way of working, and ability to prioritize the tasks at hand based on what brings the most value for the company. It is less important if you already have all the competences, experience and knowhow described in this job advertisement but more important that you have an enthusiasm to hands-on engage in problem solving in collaboration with other people and continuously learn for more.
As an IT Specialist, you will
• Collaborate closely with our Retail business teams and IT teams; application owners and business stakeholders to plan and deliver solutions that work end-to-end both from business and operational perspective
• Facilitate communication between vendors, service providers and other internal stakeholders and when needed act as intermediary or” translator” between diverse stakeholders.
• Help projects to deliver infrastructure services in accordance of St1 Infrastructure guidelines and practices
• Together with St1 Infrastructure team further develop services for St1 Retail network under St1 and Shell brand in Finland, Norway and Sweden
• This role is not strictly pre-defined, but one of your first tasks would be to identify how to develop this role to best match our needs. As an example, we currently have a need to plan and implement Nordic Retail Active Directory and its operations within the team where your input would be valued. We’re also in process of ramping up a new Retail IT support process where your expertise will be used.
You will be responsible for
• Retail infrastructure services, e.g. telecoms, Active Directory and key Retail specific applications and environments such as Carwash, Convenience Retail Stores and Forecourt
• Updating various of systems and keeping them up to date
• Supporting and coaching another Specialists within the team
• Identifying needed actions and dependencies in our various on-going projects
• Developing and implementing new guidelines and practices
• Owning local Retail IT support process related to day-to-day operations
• Together with our infrastructure team optimize and plan our cloud usage on domain of Retail
Key success factors in this role are:
• Professional experience minimum of 5+years in IT together with strong project management skills
• Extensive knowledge of information technologies and systems
• Ability to coordinate at multiple levels and provide excellent customer service
• Ability to present technical information in understandable language
• Take ownership of IT related issues
• Incident and Problem Management
• Good written and verbal communication skills in English
Advantages in this role are:
• Fluency in Swedish
• Some know how from any relevant industry (oil, gas, energy, payment, retail)
• Software engineering background and understanding of the related fundamentals and methods through practical experience.
• Project management and coordination experience
• Product life-cycle management
About the organisation
We offer you:
• A position where you can put your skills and knowledge into real use and at the same time continuously learn for more.
• Multiple business domains in one company, there is always a new business area you can dive into and a new interesting project to be worked with.
• Startup like working culture but with the backbone of big company. Unique combination of freedom and responsibility. You are not just one cog in the wheel but can really make a difference to the company’s future.
• Small but talented business technology organization where each individual counts. Nordic community and opportunity work in an international setting.
• Role and responsibility can be tailored based on applicant’s experience and knowhow.
St1 Nordic Oy is a Nordic energy Group whose vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. The Group researches and develops economically viable, environmentally sustainable energy solutions. St1 focuses on fuels marketing activities, oil refining and renewable energy solutions such as waste-based advanced ethanol fuels and industrial wind power. The Group has 1.250 St1 and Shell branded retail stations in Finland, Sweden and Norway. Headquartered in Helsinki, St1 employs currently more than 1.000 people. Read more at http://www.st1.com.
We are looking forward to hear more from you!