Head of Research & Development to Axiell
Are you ready to take on a leading role within an international company that develops technology solutions for the cultural sector? Then you might be our new Head of Research & Development at our head office in Lund, Sweden.
We are looking for a Head of Research & Development for the Public Library (PL) Business Area at our head office in Lund, Sweden. The person that we are looking for has a technical background with experience from system development as well as experience from team leading and management. You will take a leading role in ensuring that Axiell PL meets the objectives when developing new products, as well as leading and coaching the teams. You will also be responsible for implementing common R&D strategies and objectives, reporting directly to the Axiell Group CTO.
Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
What we offer:
• Working with technologies and development that are in the forefront
• An international environment with colleagues from various countries
• An exciting and growing business in a profitable company where you get the opportunity to work internationally and with many different markets
• An open, flexible and creative climate
• Possibilities for personal development through experience and training
• Knowledgeable and motivated colleagues with broad competence and experience
Vem är du?
Who are you?
• A prestigeless individual who is comfortable in your technical competence
• You enjoy working independently as well as in a team
• You take own initiatives and are creative with your work
• You have the ability to work independently as a leader
• Educational background in Computer Science or equivalent
• 6+ years of experience with System Development
• Experience of leading a team for at least 1-2 years
• Preferably a background in Java or Scala
• Web development and related system architecture and technology frameworks
• Experience of working with cloud SSAS and microservice architectures
Axiell develops, innovative technology solutions for archives, libraries, museums, and schools. Axiell’s systems for archives, public libraries and museums are used by more than 2600 customers around the world and more than 3000 schools use systems from Axiell. Axiell have around 350 employees in Sweden, Australia, Denmark, Finland, Canada, the Netherlands, New Zeeland, UK, Germany, Norway and USA. All together we are one of the leading companies in the world in the cultural sector.
At Axiell you will take part in the development of technology that make assets and services from public libraries available to the public. You will have the opportunity to work with colleagues with different professional backgrounds – technical experts in close cooperation with librarians and metadata experts. Join our team and become part of transforming library systems for the needs of tomorrow.
Please visit Axiell.com for further information about the group.