Proactive and analytical Business Controller to Samat Nordic
Poolia is recruiting a proactive, analytical and collaborative Business Controller to Samat Business Unit (BU) West in Helsingborg. Are you interested in supporting both the BU management team and the Group CFO in further expanding and improving Samat’s operations ? Would you like to work both with a strategic and operational focus? Then this full-time position could be of great interest to you.
Please apply as soon as possible.
About the position
You are offered a challenging and developing position in an international environment. You will work with professional and dedicated teams in the BU West and in the Headquarter in France.
The Business Controller monitors the budgeting process for the business unit and analyses the results and contributes to the development of the Group business control process.
As a Business Controller you will deliver fact-based and reliable information about the financial position, performance, changes and corrective actions needed for the future.
The Business Controller will participate in various development projects to improve and harmonize finance related reporting processes and tools.
Your main responsibilities will be:
• Monitoring of the annual budget process for the BU, following the Group process and directives, and in collaboration with the BU direction.
• Monthly validation and analyze of the KPI in cooperation with the accounting and proposition of corrective actions.
• Profitability studies on specific issues.
• Contribution to the development of the Group business control process and tools.
• Ad hoc financial, business and investment analysis.
Some travel will be required in Europe.
You will report to the Group CFO in France and have a dotted line to the Manager of the Business Unit West in Helsingborg.
We believe you have at least 3 years of experience as a Business Controller, Finance Business Partner, Financial Controller, Business Analyst or Auditor. You probably have a relevant Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
The position requires previous experience from stakeholder management, forecasting, budgeting, financial planning, analyzing KPI’s and investment decision support. It is also an advantage if you have experience from sales & market analysis, risks & opportunities analysis and P&L analysis.
Previous experience from the transportation or logistics industry is a merit but not a prerequisite.
Excellent communication skills orally and in writing in Swedish and English is a prerequisite for the position.
Profound Excel and BI tool experience are required for the position. If you are an experienced user Power BI and SAP, it will be an advantage.
To be successful in the position we believe that you are:
• Solid financial and business analysis skills
• Proactive, result oriented and self-motivated
• Experienced collaboration, teamwork and partnering behaviors
• Structured, holistic and with a sense of detail without losing the overview
• Solid communication skills with various management levels
• Experienced organization and project management skills
About the organisation
Samat is a European-sized family business. Transporting hazardous substances is a challenge. Samat has been facing it every day for 40 years. Our tanks and containers crisscross European roads to meet our customers’ expectations and provide them with bespoke services in terms of chemicals, hydrocarbons, air and liquid petroleum gases.
Our turnover in 2021 was 312 million Euros, we are over 2 500 employees, and we have offices in 12 countries in Europe.
Please visit https://www.samat.com/en for further information about the group.