Do you have an animal technology qualification or University degree in a scientific field? Do you have experience in working with laboratory rodents and strong interest in animal care and welfare? Then you might be the next Animal Technician talent we are looking to AstraZeneca in Gothenburg. This is a 75% temporary assignment starting 2019-09-01, lasting until 2020-04-30. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the application at your earliest convenience. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
The functional department – Animal Sciences & Technologies (AST) delivers internal in-vivo studies, daily animal care and welfare that is compliant to internal standards and external regulations. Principles of the 3Rs are applied to all aspects of animal care and study conduction. AST ensures our license to operate internally and manages our external animal welfare environment.
Dina arbetsuppgifter i huvudsak
• Performs daily animal husbandry tasks for a variety of species, routine facility operations tasks, identifies & reports any abnormal findings, and maintains the highest standards of animal care & welfare.
• Responsibilities also include more technical procedures such as animal identification, collecting biological samples, assisting scientists with requirements related to their research animals and administering medicines/compounds
• Maintains daily record keeping for animals and environment
• Operates and/or uses sanitization and sterilization equipment
• Performs preventative maintenance and maintains service records on racks and caging equipment
• Responsible for the process of animal supply, and receives/stores materials and supplies
• Responsible for the practices, principles and concepts associated with supporting and conducting a variety of in vivo research/studies.
• Manages own work to ensure that agreed targets are met in a timely manner and to agreed quality standards and welfare, communicating progress appropriately to Manager
• Provides expertise in recognising anomalies in animal response, data, or facility and equipment use, and incorporates improvement or carries out investigations as appropriate.
• Manages self and participates in the performance management process including providing performance feedback and coaching.
• Maintains awareness of advances and developments in laboratory animal sciences through continued professional development.
• Ensures that work is performed in accordance with appropriate Safety, Health & Environment (SHE), quality and compliance standards (e.g. Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and Animal Welfare).
• Is required to work flexibly across different areas and participate in provision of weekend and out of hours support.
Vem är du?
• Animal technology qualification or University degree in a scientific field, or relevant experience.
• Experience in working with laboratory rodents and strong interest in animal care and welfare.
• Ability to perform work independently and consistently to the required standard on a consistent basis.
• Understand principles and concepts associated with Laboratory Animal Science, particularly on animal welfare and the 3Rs.
• Good communication skills.
• Knowledge and experience in working with laboratory animals.
• Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical industry.
AstraZeneca is a major international healthcare business engaged in the research, development, manufacture and marketing of prescription pharmaceuticals and the supply of healthcare services. AstraZeneca is proud to offer a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration. Co-workers are empowered to express diverse perspectives – and are made to feel valued, energized and rewarded for their ideas and creativity.
Next step, apply today!